what can you do at bear cottage?
Bear Cottage is not like a hospital... it's more like a holiday house! You'll have your own room as well as all of the great areas of the cottage to explore, right near the beach. Some of the fun things to see and do are:
- Walks - we often take short walks down to Manly or Shelly Beach to build a castle, have a swim or just to enjoy the sun.
- Hair dos - a few of our local hairdressers will create a cool new hairstyle just for you!
- Surfing - Manly Surf School provides surfing lessons for all Cottage Kids who want to ride a wave.
- Trips - while staying at Bear Cottage kids often take trips to cool places such as Sydney Aquarium, Taronga Zoo and the IMAX.
- Special Visitors - everyone who visits Bear Cottage wants to come back - regular visitors to Bear Cottage include the local Police, Manly Life Saving Club members, the local Fire Brigade , Captain Starlight and the Clown Doctors who have a regular gig here and provide us with lots of laughs.
- Swimming - Manly and Shelly Beach are only a 15 minute walk from Bear Cottage - if you don't feel much like leaving the building or the weather is not good for swimming, relax in the Bear Cottage Spa
- Movies - Bear Cottage has a collection of DVDs and videos which you can watch on the big screen TV in the lounge room. If you are unwell you can watch them in your room. We also can arrange tickets to the movies at the local cinemas if there is something you are keen to see on the big screen
- Games - We are very lucky to have all of the latest technology at Bear Cottage - with PS1s, a PS2 and an X Box which can be played with surround sound for the ultimate thrill!
- Play with Frankie - Frankie is Bear Cottage's beautiful dog, she lives at the cottage and loves to run and play. She also enjoys quiet pats and cuddles.
- Art & Craft - We have lots of art materials so you can create your very own masterpiece. Look what some other kids have done: